2. Chop the onion finely and saute in a large pot and add turmeric to it.
3. Add the tomato paste, cinnamon and some salt to it and stir.
4. After a couple of minutes, throw the cooked split peas, dried limes and some water in to the pot and combine all the ingredients with a spoon.
5. Let the stew simmer for about 1 hour or so till everything is completely tender.
6. In the last 10 minutes, add pomegranate syrup and mushrooms. You can also add some liquid saffron to the stew in this stage in order to get a better color and taste.