This stew is one of the most popular and traditional Persian dishes. We can also call it “yellow split peas stew”. It is so tasty and mouthwatering and is made all over the country but the recipe differs a bit from region to region. It can be served with French fries, fried eggplants, fried tomatoes, etc. Like all Persian stews, this sew is also served with rice. This one is completely vegan and the taste is flawless without any meat in it or even better in my opinion. I bet you’ll love it.
2. Chop the onion finely and saute in a large pot and add turmeric to it.
3. Add the tomato paste, cinnamon and some salt to it and stir.
4. After a couple of minutes, throw the cooked split peas, dried limes and some water in to the pot and combine all the ingredients with a spoon.
5. Let the stew simmer for about 1 hour or so till everything is completely tender.
6. In the last 10 minutes, add pomegranate syrup and mushrooms. You can also add some liquid saffron to the stew in this stage in order to get a better color and taste.
By: Parisa Purranjbar